View Single Post
Old
04-23-2011, 01:51 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Trust me, our 4th line is about the same. It won't be a liability and will likely chip in a few goals, but it's certainly not a traditional 4th line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneberg View Post
I think I like the idea of Garnish matching Gilmour up against Perreault until considering the huge mismatch in Whitney covering Bossy.

I'd like to know a little more about Garnish's plans to handle that line, I do like their physical top pairing out there but am also not entirely convinced Perreault won't dance around them on a semi-regular basis if they are going for the big hit.

Looking forward to all arguments, this one is certainly up in the air.
We've toyed with the idea of Kilrea on the Gilmour line for a bit and frankly that would probably be a better matchup then Whitney for this series. While from an offensive standpoint it makes a lot of sense to put Gilmour and Whitney together on the 2nd line, Kilrea could provide the checking/defensive edge that Whitney doesn't have. That hurts the offensive side of things a bit but possibly not as much as expected as Kilrea does have a rather huge offensive season under his belt despite being a twentysomething point guy for much of his career.

We're still up in the air on this one of course, and I'll try to talk with Tony tonight to get his opinion on this.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote