View Single Post
Old
08-11-2005, 12:14 PM
BadBruins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate
Sarcasm I hope...Boston isn't a team I would consider being a Contender. With the loss of Gonchar some people might suggest that they aren't as good as two years ago and we all know what happened in the first round back then. I do put them ahead of Toronto and Buffallo in the North East so I'll give you that...maybe even in front of Montreal but that's questionable...Montreal should in theory be better than 2 years ago although I don't enticipate a huge jump...although they could have advantages if the rules really are called and who knows trying to sell the game it might happen this time around..just dont hold your breath just in case!
The Bruins have a just as good of a team, if not better than the 03-04 season. Gonchar and Nylander were only with the bruins for a small fraction of the season. Leetch may not be as good as gonchar offensively but he is far better defensivly, and puts up similar numbers. Zhamnov is far more productive and consistant than Nylander as a second line centre. Isbister, if givin a chance will out perform Knuble if up on the first line with Joe and Murray. He had a 183 points in 409 NHL games playing on the 3rd and 4th line compared to Knuble's 209 points in 510 games playing on the first line for about 2 years. We still have rookie of the year Andrew Raycroft and Hannu Toivenen who TSN.ca marked as having the potential to be a franchise golie. Not to mention the additions of McEachern and Scatchard. The Bruins will still have the cash to add another solid man on defense. I haven't even mentioned Thornton, Samsonov, Murray or Bergeron. If the Bruins aren't a contender than I don't know who is. They have a couple holes that can easily be filled. I pretty sure that Boston is one of those American teams in talks with Witt. he maybe what we need to fill one of those holes on Defense.