View Single Post
Old
04-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
So we're back to hating Martin again? Cool.

Anyone ever consider that Martin is playing match-ups, and that if he put Eller, White, Pyatt, Desharnais and any other 3rd/4th line guys out more often against Boston lines that they don't matchup well against, they'd be completely exposed and this series would be over in a hurry? Martin is setting these guys up for success and protecting them from failure by using their own strengths and hiding their weaknesses. He's being a good coach. You ever wonder why he has absolutely everyone buying into his systems? Any losses are almost always on the players.
gomez line was out for 4 goals against last game...

if that's our "best option", then maybe we should be competing for the AHL cup instead of the stanley cup

I like the way Martin has the team playing, I just don't like the way he manages his ice time or how he deals with younger players.

each coach has their strengths and weaknesses, and I don't doubt that Martin has this team playing (as a whole) about as well as any coach could given the circumstances (he didn't choose to have Gomez or Spacek on the roster, nor did he choose to have 2 of his top dmen injured).

nevertheless, I think that he could be getting that much more out of the team if he were less hesitant to reward young players when they play well, and a little more patient when they make mistakes (likewise, he could stand to be a little "harder" on the veterans when they put up stinker shifts/games).

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote