View Single Post
Old
04-23-2011, 02:59 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR28 View Post
Well isn't it desperation time? Kings lose they are out, if they find a way to win they are going to have to figure out how to win at home, which they have had trouble doing in the 2nd half of the season. Whatever works to get them over the hump tonight. The Kings and Quick play real well in San Jose, so who knows.
Let's just switch out the forwards for the defensemen and put Kompon in net. After all, it's "desparation" time!

Under pressure, losers panic and make stupid moves like this. Pressure should bring focus and intensity, a consistent message and inspiration. To bench one of the players that got you here in Ponikarovsky is dumb.

To bench Moller who played a great game 2 ****ed with the momentum we had coming in from game 2. I was there in San Jose for that game. Moller was hustling his ass off and played a solid game.

To keep Penner in the lineup when all he has shown is failure after failure is ignorant or, at best, willfully unwilling to see what is clearly in front of him.

To place Handzus on the first line when that has not been his role and he is struggling in the faceoff circle is panic. It's admitting a lack of options in his mind.

I don't expect a coach to go out there and win the game by himself but I also believe simple, logical decisions that inspire confidence and bring accountability is a must. Terry Murray has failed. If we win tonight, it won't be because of anything he did and he made it more difficult to win this game before the game even started with these lines.