View Single Post
Old
04-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Qvist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
Now I know you don't really watch these players at all other than some youtube clips you see on the net.
Of course. I've made that quite clear.

Quote:
It +is in fact Huberdeau that you are descriping here, not Strome.

Look Strome's agility top turn on a dime is not like RNH, actually RNH's agility meets or even exceeds that of Datsyuk or just about any NHL player I've seen. That is not to say Strome does not have elite skating ability. He can cut in the middle in a milli secind and twist and turn as well, not just as well as RNH can. His stride is not choppy at all, Huberdeau's kinda is though even though he does not look slow and skates up and down the ice with a power.

Lets just say Strome will not fail in the NHL due to skating. If he does it (and I highly doubt that) it will be due to his high risk plays and lack of defensive game. He will be no worse than Tim Connolly, and Connolly was/is a lot softer than Strome is.
Well, if clips don't do credit to Strome's skating, that's fair enough and I appreciate you correcting my limited impression. Clips can be deceiving. In any case, I naturally never implied that I thought Strome might fail in the NHL due to his skating, or for that matter that he's a bad skater. He just didn't look to me to be in the same class as Huberdeau, Namestnikov or RNH, particularly in terms of agility.

However I highly doubt clips give an unduly flattering appearance of Huberdeau's skating. When you can do what he is manifestly doing, that says something. And that is not a stiff or awkward skater.

Qvist is offline   Reply With Quote