View Single Post
Old
04-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
I thought Price played very well, actually. I don't understand this logic where if a goalie lets in five goals it automatically means the goalie was horrible. It's not a enough of a sample to make judgements on. Granted, you might only get four games to show yourself in the playoffs, but so far I think Price has played very well. Only goal I would consider bad was the third one in game three when he gave the puck away, but that's bound to happen when he handles the puck as much as he does, rightly or wrongly.
It's not just that it's 5 goals. It's goal #1 that was weak common a wrist shot from the boards like that shouldn't go in, heck it almost was a floater. And goal #3 he was weak on the rebound which created that goal. Hell Luongo is blamed for the Hossa goal in game #4. That was a much better shot from a much better location than the Ryder goal. If Luongo can be blamed there, remove your homer glasses and wonder if Price should be blamed for the first Ryder goal.

And then it's the fact he allowed 5 goals despite being given a lead to protect at 3 different times including a 2 goal lead mid way through the game.

So it's not about him giving up 5 goals, but clearly some of those were stoppable.

If you think Price played a solid game then you have lower expectations than me.

And game #3, stupid mistake on goal #3, and he was kinda weak on goal #2.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote