View Single Post
Old
04-23-2011, 03:23 PM
Ribosome

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkrat22 View Post
first of all it was pick up not league. second of all the puck was in the net. third of all it was from behind. he usd his stick to take out his feet.

does that change your opinion?

the point is yes there is some assumed risk, clean play...**** happens, you knew the risk but dirty play not so much.

I am a pretty strong guy, (I squat in the 400lbs range Dl in the 500lbs range) I could run around destroying guys if I wanted, but I have enough sense to realize the game doesn't ****in matter.

Now If I had his medical history would I be out there, I doubt it, but its a pretty regular group at this rink and its pretty low key. There are a couple of 60 y/o's that skate with us. One played in the NHL, one in the A. Along with plenty of other older guys. When the young guys are out its pretty fast, when the bench gets mixed up everyone dials it down.
Absolutely not. If you have an extensive medical history that includes something as dangerous as that, then you are only asking for trouble. There is no way in HELL I would EVER lace 'em up again if I had the potential of being paralyzed from a nasty spill.

While the guy that hit him from behind shouldn't be without fault, the real stupidity lies with the victim here. People lose their tempers and do things they regret, bad spills happen, etc... not worth it.

Ribosome is offline   Reply With Quote