View Single Post
Old
04-23-2011, 05:07 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
This team is all depth and no high end. I disagree completely.
Where is this depth you speak of? Boyle and Prust are 3rd liners because they have to be. Ideally, we need a 3rd line that can generate pressure, as well as possibly another top 6 winger. I see Dubinsky being a center next season. I'd also like to see Stepan and Anisimov playing together or bring back the Dubinsky-AA-Cally line. If you personally want to see Drury-Christensen-Scrub be a line on this team next year, we'll be in the same spot. Also the 3rd pairing on D needs to be more mobile and be able to play more minutes. No McCabe, and Gilroy should be a 7th guy on this team.

If Dubi plays center, I think they should try this:

Wolski (to start)-Dubi-Gaborik
Anisimov-Stepan-Cally
Whole new 3rd line (UFA's, from within the system, traded players)
Feds-Boyle-Prust

I don't want Christensen and Drury near this team. I'd bring Prospal back for the 3rd line and be able to play PP time. Could also jump up to play with Gaborik. I'm not sure who will be available, but from within the system, Hagelin should be able to get a spot on the team. MZA could also find a spot on this team with his talent and skating ability. If Kreider decides to come out, he should be able to make the team as well.

We are also drafting 15th with the elimination in the 1st round. It's going to be interesting to see where they go with the pick, and it's most likely it won't be someone who can impact this upcoming roster, but they need to draft skill.

If you want to build a good team, we have to look at the team that just beat us. Matt Bradley, Boyd Gordon, and player of that ilk would be 3rd liners on this team, just like Boyle and Prust are. They play on Washington's 4th line cause they have depth players who are better then them on the 3rd line. Eric Fher didn't get into this series until Knuble got hurt, and he'd be a top 9 player on this team, instead he's a healthy scratch.

Hopefully Drury retires and this rebuild (cause that's what it really is) can go into full effect. If Sather stays away from the big price free agents and makes smart signings for depth, this team will be much better.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote