View Single Post
Old
04-23-2011, 05:39 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
A young group established an identity of a hard working self sacrificing team. I think this year Callahan established himself as the real on ice leader (apart from Henrik and with apologies to Staal, Girardi and Dubinsky) of the team. Losing him just prior to the playoffs hurt us a ton. You have to go with what you got though. Love the top 4 defenseman though we could use more of a puck mover--I want to keep all those guys for a long time.

Thinking that was probably Drury's last game as a Ranger and I thought he played well and hard but also noticed Torts hardly played him in the third period and I think it's because he wanted more offense--which is another telltale sign that his days with the Rangers are up. Good possibility that was Avery's last game too. The line of Boyle, Prust and Avery were our best line throughout the series.

McCabe can't keep up--too much of a liability against a fast team. Gilroy I thought did alright. Pushed the offense--wasn't terrible on defense. Prospal ran out of gas. And I think Stepan finally hit the wall--a lot of hockey for a first year pro out of college.

When you don't win--you have to make some changes. We/ve got a very good defensive core--need to add more offense. Gaborik has to play a lot better as well.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote