View Single Post
Old
04-23-2011, 06:52 PM
TrollololBoyle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
He needs to be the offensive Del Zotto from last year. He was a lot better on defense this season, but his lack of offense led to his demotion. I'd rather of had him over McCabe in terms of his skating ability, but McCabe was a big reason why the Rangers made the post season and also why they were eliminated.

He needs to be able to lead the powerplay. He needs to be the QB he was the year before. He also needs to get better on defense. I honestly think he makes the team next season, because he will come in with the mindset that he CAN and WILL be in the AHL if he doesn't play well. He is also 20 years old and we'll see if he can make the next step.

He doesn't have a big shot, but he needs to be able to get it to the net on the PP. That's what fails this team right now, and it needs to be addressed.

I'd be all over them having him and either Valentenko or Kundratek be the 3rd pair on defense. I know it makes the defense wet behind the ears, but you have to find out if these kids can perform in the NHL.
He knew he had to improve on offense this year, so he knew he had to shoot the puck a lot more. I think he was trying to hard to do that and not getting the results he wanted, thus losing some confidence which led to his demotion. He will make the team out of camp next year for sure.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote