What needs to be done this offseason?
View Single Post
04-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Sent to HF Minors
Join Date: May 2007
Stay the course. Don't do anything to improve the 2011-12 Rangers. Go for the Cup a couple of years after that.
We are very close to having a Cup contender, but we need to stay the course.
1) Get rid of our free agent signings (Avery, Drury) after the next season, it's not as if we can use the cap space to win the Cup. No need to get buy them out and have the cap hit go into 2012-13.
2) If you can trade Gabby for someone young, do it. Not because he had a bad season, but because he's too injured to last long enough for our youth to mature.
3) Draft high-risk, high-return prospects like Christian Thomas and Jesper Fasth who have first line potential.
4) Trade age for youth where possible, though we don't have much age left.
5) Trade players who aren't part of the team's long term future - like Christensen - for mid to late round draft picks. More picks = more chances to pull a rabbit out of a hat.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Beacon