View Single Post
Old
04-23-2011, 07:49 PM
azrok22

vCash: 3743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provolone View Post
I'd let Feds n Prospal go. Not that i don't think they were valuable, but their role is
better suited for a contending team, not for a skin of the teeth 8th seed team.

I don't think we land Richards. Lots of other teams have more cap space. And i don't think it's a bad thing. I'd like to see Slats sign a Jussi Jokinen, 27 yrs old who i think can easily be a 25g 35a player.

I say make a splash in the 2012 free agent market. Brad Boyes, Patrick Sharp, Dustin Penner, Grabovski...i'd rather go after those guys than blow all our space on only Richards, who will probably take 8-8.5 mill of capspace. :dunno

Other then that, bring up some more kids, cross my fingers that MDZ can be the PP QB and if Stastny is really unhappy in Colorado, id give them a '12 1st, Grachev & Valentenko to get him.
I am vehemently opposed to a player in the Boyes, Sharp, Penner, Graborski ilk via UFA. Signing second line UFAs like this is what has gotten us into trouble. Jussi Jokinen would be even worse of an investment.

If you're going to sign an UFA, either make it an elite player that can make players around them better (Richards), or make it a veteran/reclamation project on a 1 year deal (ie: Prospal/Fedotenko/Frolov).

UFAs are going to be "overpaid" as compared to RFAs. However, every team has "overpaid" players. The key is to make sure you're overpaying the right guys. I believe Richards' pedigree and production suggests that he is one of those guys.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote