View Single Post
Old
04-23-2011, 09:16 PM
dynamoovechkin

vCash: 500
Overall B-, upgraded from C+ due to consistent overall play despite injuries. Two of our top 3 players, Drury and Gabby either terribly underperformed or were MIA due to injury. Del Zotto had the worst sophomore slump I've ever seen. Roszival was finally run out of town for underachieving skill forward Wolski, who showed flashes and little else. The Boogard signing was a huge bust as well as Frolov. Zucca was given the gift of a look with the big club and despite a couple of shootouts, did little to justify management's confidence in him.

On the positive side, McD and Sauer looked great and I was thrilled about it. We found ourselves a competent backup. Callahan crystallized himself as the heart and soul of the franchise. Henke- great again. Boyle, against all odds resurrected his NHL career and Prust- utterer of the now legendary "It's just pain", became a monster on the PK with his hard work and goal scoring! Even coach found a kinder, gentler side and wasn't the prickly A- hole we saw in the last two seasons. Girardi finally got some recognition around the league as a shot blocker and defensive defenseman.

Finally our leader scorer Dubi took a step up this year in both play and leadership, even though he is most suited to a second line role.

With this team we finally saw some heart and character, but to make the 8th spot on the last day of the season and be dispatched in 5 in the first round- I'm deeply disappointed. B- is being charitable.

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote