View Single Post
Old
04-23-2011, 10:22 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
Richards alone isn't going to cut it. Lundqvist isn't getting any younger and you feel for the guy. It's time to put the final pieces together to be a true contender.

Again, you see what you can get for Gaborik. You don't push it though. However, his play warrants the idea to explore what you can get. You do the same with Anisimov, you don't win playoff games with soft players like him. He is useless along the boards and is easily knocked off the puck. I don't care how old he is; that's the way he was taught the game and is going to be hard to get rid of that habit. Wolski is in the same boat as these two. However, I think a team with more skill will mesh better for a player like Wolski.

In UFA outside of Richards you have to see what else you can pluck at a reasonable price....Jokinen, Leino, Sullivan, Gagne, etc are all possibilities.

Have to deal with the Drury cap hit. See what can be done there.

Replace McCabe with a Pitkanen, Wiesnewski, Erhoff, Babchuk, or a Markov at very cheap b/c of how prone to injury he is.

Jokinen/???-Richards-Gaborik (if you can't find a good deal to move him)
Dubinsky-Stepan-Callahan - all american line.
A top 6 like that(try trading arty for another cheap scoring winger if you can)...

as far as your D:

Staal-Girardi
Babchuk/Wiesnewski/Pitkanen/Markov-Valentenko
McDonagh-Sauer

Gilroy as 7th

From our UFA's I'd keep Fedotenko.

I don't know, but to me the time has come to get another impact winger via trade. I feel something substantial is going to happen on draft day in terms of trade. This is where Anisimov plays a role. Then you look at Richards in July.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote