View Single Post
Old
04-23-2011, 11:19 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
While I can understand that some here may not want Boyle on the 1st line, I dont get how anyone can say he is not skilled?

He finished 4th on the Rangers with 21 goals...he did that while mostly playing in a bottom 6 role with little ice time. I would say that does show that he is a skilled player. If put in a top 6 role, its also reasonable to say that he can score more than 21 goals.

He is also clearly not just a big Center. He drives to the net very well and has some nice moves. He skates very well for a big guy. During the regular season he also showed that he does have a pretty hard shot with some accuracy. In the playoffs he just didnt get the puck high enough for some reason. Despite only 14 assists in the regular season, I noticed that he improved his passing as the season went on. In the playoffs , even Torts said that Boyle and Fedotenko were our best forwards.

I feel that everyone really underrates this player on these boards. He is just scratching the surface of what he can do as power forwards take longer to develop. Is he the next Corey Perry? Of course not. Can he put up 25-30 goals a season and play in a top 6 role? I believe he can.
Did you just say Brian Boyle can put up 25-30 goals a year LOL.

Gaborik needs a playmaker, it's clear he can't do it himself (judging by how he keep getting knocked off the puck) and Boyle is definitely not a playmaker.

I am convinced that Boyle will top out a 15 goals and I really think that was a fluke year, imo I don't think he looked very good the final 3rd of the year.