View Single Post
Old
04-24-2011, 01:01 AM
savebyrichter35

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
The Rangers have skill, just not enough. During the regular season, they scored nine more goals than the Capitals. I watched Jersey win 3 Stanley Cups without an abundance of skill. Heck, the two most important goals the Capitals scored in the playoffs (Ovechkin in Game 1, Chimera in Game 4) were typical hard work Ranger style goals.

Adding skill is important. The Rangers need a center, a defenseman who can move the puck and a sniper would be nice. A return to form by Gaborik would be helpful too. Good news; the two top prospects in the organization are snipers and Del Zotto may eventually fill the role of a puck moving defenseman capably. They have (for all intents and purposes) dead space on the cap that can be pruned to make room. But if you think there's a need for a massive overhaul here, you're crazy. I like the core of this team just the way it is.
I think we can pretty much just lock up the thread after this post. I'm not sure what the OP is really getting at honestly. Is there anyone that doesn't believe we need more talented players to win? Nobody thinks we're gonna win a Stanley Cup with a team full of Prusts and Callahans, but we're also not gonna win a Stanley Cup without them.

savebyrichter35 is offline   Reply With Quote