View Single Post
Old
04-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Orr Nightmare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKindms View Post
seems to me this whole thread is dancing around the real problem and it is a problem we have discussed over and over on these boards.

Sather. The team construct and lack of success is on him and him alone. The horrible contracts that he has given out have handcuffed the team. Instead of making tweaking moves during the season to put us over the hump we have been stuck with 'guys who need a change of scenery' swapping our headcases for other teams headcases.

He has killed this team. If Drury doesn't retire, we still have a bunch of guys that need to be resigned and we still have all the huge offensive holes we have now.
It's true...how hard is it to understand what it takes in this league to win. I don't care how empty our system was when he took over, instead of signing garbage, tank for two years and draft elite players and build from there. Instead he wanted to build with guys with no heart.

I love Gordie Clark and he has drafted very good players but he is not without blame. John Carlson was sitting @ 20 and we went with Del Zotto instead. I haven't given up on Del Zotto but the reason he slide is was because teams were concerned about what was between his ears and this year proved it to be true. Carlson brings offense and defense...he is the complete package...I knew it was going to haunt me.

Sather is a stubborn mule with no recourse for his actions, it's not like the Dolan's give a ****.

I watch Hank give everything he has to this team and he is a guy who earns every cent of what he makes, every cent!

If, I am a GM or owner, I am going to do everything in my powers to try and at least get that guy one ring, because he deserve multiple rings.

We are heading in the right direction but we are still a long way off. Sather needs to package some of our bigger name prospects i.e Bourque/Horak/Hagelin type and land a Backes/Stewart/Nash type. I would be willing to move Gabby but I don't how many GM's would be eager to trade top prospects and take on that salary.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote