View Single Post
Old
04-24-2011, 09:44 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

vCash: 500
Wiz*, Markov, Gorges, Subban - that's a pretty good Top-4. Limit Wiz's ES minutes (15ish/game) with some PP time and you're golden. Gorges, Subban, and Markov can all play ~21/game.

* I would probably take Christian Ehrhoff or Ian White over Wiz, but it would depend on the contract. I'm on the fence about Joni Pitkanen in long run, but I definitely wouldn't say no without consideration.

That leaves two spots open. You have Weber, who I'd personally dress quite a bit. The kid has gotten better and will only continue to do so. He's not going to improve with no ice-time.

For the last two spots these are my options;

* Steve Montador
* Jan Hejda
* Jonathan Ericsson
* Scott Hannan

Veteran-wise (The player that Weber would have to win a spot from).

* Roman Hamrlik
* Hal Gill
* Ruslan Salei
* Ed Jovanovski
* Eric Brewer

Going into the year with;

Markov ($5M) - Wiz ($3.5M)
Hannan ($4M) - Subban ($875K)
Gorges ($1.1M) - Weber ($800K)*
TOTAL: $15.275 (+$2.5M for possible veteran)

Would be decent. Weber could be replaced by another guy on that list if need be. Signing a depth guy like Mara or Sopel (or even keeping Spacek, yuck) would be okay for the #7 if we decide to go with Weber. Getting a guy like Brewer or Hejda would probably let Gorges slide up to pair with Markov as well.

Hannan would probably run us $12M over 3-years. I'm okay with that.

I wouldn't want to go over $2.5M for anyone remaning on that list with the exception of Jonathan Ericsson, who I'd probably pay a pretty penny for - he'd probably be my #1 target. He'd likely take the place of Wiz though. If anyone else was willing to take that amount, I'd probably do it incase Weber craps the bed, but only on a 1-year contract.

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 04-24-2011 at 09:53 AM.
One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote