View Single Post
Old
04-24-2011, 09:17 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
People gave me **** for saying Lundqvist doesn't have a Richter-like godmode yet for big games.

I still think he doesn't. He may be the better overall goalie, but I just don't see him closing the door when he needs to.

People always say "nothing the goalie can do about that one," "It's not his fault!" but in reality in a big game sometimes you have to stop those.

Case in point, Thomas last night during double OT, he stops a 2 on 1 and the Bruins end up winning it. If that had gone in, no one would have faulted Thomas. There would have been "nothing he could do about that, it was 2 on 1" but guess what, he did do something about it.

Maybe Henrik did not get the benefit of a quick whistle in game 1, but if he had control of the puck and it wasn't just sitting under him like an egg, Ovechkin doesn't poke it home.

I am happy with Henrik overall, and he is a phenomenal goaltender, but I want to see god mode when it matters. Not during a regular season goaltending duel with Fatso.

Edit: Maybe I am asking too much, and the Rangers offense should just not suck, but I think one of the best goaltenders in the world has it in him.
You mean the Richter godmode in 1992 when he blew a 3 goal lead including one from Center Ice that started the Pens comeback? The Rangers shold have won the cup that season.

Please the comparisons to Richter need to stop, the teams in front of him had a ton more talent than the teams Henrik has had.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote