View Single Post
Old
04-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Chimp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghenrik213 View Post
Good Post.

The problem(s) may be that he won't waive his NTC and he still thinks that he has gas in the tank.
Then 1b until he gives up or his contract expires. I'm not so sure Drury would be fine with just sitting watching hockey for an entire year. If you make that very clear to Drury even in the post season, it would be very demoralizing for him. "You won't play another game for this team under your current contract and that's final. These are your options. Your move, ex-captain."

If he really thinks he has gas left in his tank, sitting in the stands would probably kill his NHL career anyway. What sane GM would sign Drury in 2013, if he has been eating popcorn for a year, where his coach wouldn't even want to dress him on the 4th line? Perhaps he can earn a cheap contract on some bottom dweller.

Would that make Drury impossible to re-sign? Definitely, he would never want to play here again. But I don't think anyone frigging cares, he's a total non-factor for any team that wants to be competitive. He could be replaced by any 4th liner.

Last edited by Chimp: 04-24-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote