View Single Post
Old
04-24-2011, 12:52 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
From Drury's angle--if he wants to continue playing somewhere else then there is no point in retiring--it pretty much would come down to being bought out. The retirement option is just better for the Rangers so I would hope it would come to that. As an example Prospal is here after being bought out by Tampa two years ago.

There's no point in vilifying Drury for choosing what he thinks is best for himself--however I find it hard to believe that any team is going to sign him for any significant amount of money based on his last couple seasons here, his injury history and his age. One can look at Prospal again or even Fedetenko--two players who bring a lot more to the table--and got about a $1 mil when they initially signed with us. So the next question is would it be worth it for Drury to beat the bushes--uproot himself from the area for another NHL team--to go to a camp not knowing like Fedetenko did?--and whereever that might be. I don't see doing that as an easy choice on his part even if it means he cashes in on a buyout.

What was Modano's dog eating?

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote