Thread: Kyle Clifford
View Single Post
Old
04-24-2011, 03:13 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

vCash: 500
... It's unbelievable what I've seen in this series, not only from Clifford - who, at 20, looks to have the World by the tail - but from Richardson. I think I'm probably more stunned at what Richardson is doing, honestly. Here is a guy that was healthy-scratched time and time again during the season, becoming almost an afterthought in Murray's mind, and he's turned himself into an invaluable center of the best line on the team.

As for who Clifford reminds me of, or what he projects out to be ... I really can't say, because I honestly don't know what to make of a player based on a 10 to 11 game stretch, especially when it's been so different from the 70 games that preceded it.

Clifford's first 70 games: 5 goals, 11 points, -11, 61 shots, 8.1 shooting %
Clifford's last 11 games: 5 goals, 8 points, +2, 16 shots, 31.3 shooting %

I'm almost 100% sure that the Clifford-Richardson-Simmonds line will remain intact at the beginning of next season; only injury or retardation would prevent that from happening. And, no matter what happens in this series, the real test of this line will be how they're able to sustain their production and energy over the course of a long season. I hope we're not looking at something that turns out to be a fluke, and another one of those charming little footnotes of Kings history where ten years from now we're asking each other "Remember how hot that line was? How did THAT happen? Funny, huh?"

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote