View Single Post
Old
04-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Probably redundant but, the Rangers either buy him out or he's a fourth liner for us next season.

I don't think he's going to retire. Not after the way he he probably feels he was snake bit this year.

He's a good fit at the right price for somebody's 4th line, just maybe not ours. Veteran leadership, can play either wing or center, and he's still Chris Drury.
If Drury was unable to play the last game of the season and in the playoffs, I may have really believed retirement was a real option. With a whole summer to heal up and try and test his knee, he will try and play the last year of his deal unless his knee is in fact that badly shot. The fact he played at all tells me it can't be that bad if he is to only play on the PK, take defensive zone faceoffs and be on someone's 4th line. I expect him not to retire and force Sather to buy him out as 7 million for a 4th line center when this team is DYING for a 1st line center is setting this team up to be in the same position as last season. I see him being bought out and signing with a team like the Bruins where he can be properly used on the 4th line and on the PK, with a chance to go deep in the playoffs.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote