View Single Post
Old
10-15-2003, 06:36 AM
NYR1084

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR1084
Two Cents on the Game

Hey,

I got the oppurtunity to go to the game last night to see my brother. My dad and I drove up yesterday afternoon. We went to my brothers hotel, and saw Komisarek. We talked for 10 minutes about his playing situation and just random stuff, and Mike gave us two tickets for my grandparents who also drove up.
We walked to the Bell Center, my first time there. It's an awesome place, like a museum and a hockey rink. It was amazing.

The opening ceremony was intense, with great cheers for Koviu and Brisebois(surprisingly).The game was great, I thought the Habs played real well. A few blurbs about a few players:

Theodore= played well, but I felt too many rebounds
Audette= I dont know how I feel about Audette, his goal was OK, dont think he deserved 2nd star though
Dackell=played strong, I wouldve given him 2nd star
Souray=threw his weight around nicely, played heads up
Ryder=took a stupid penalty, little puck hog-ish at times, but I guess he wants to prove he can bring something to the table
Perrault=awesome game, sweet goals, definitely deserved the 1str star
Brisebois=seemed panicky with the puck at times, a few bonehead passes, but he got a nice ovation when they said the roster in the beginning

After the game, we went downstairs to meet Chris, and I saw a few Habs. Koviu signed a few autographs, Quintal was with his family, Theodore was with what looked like one of his brothers and their girlfriends, Audette was with his family, I saw Dykhuis and his family, and someone I thought was Langdon. We walked down to where the Habs park their cars, and damn they have some nice rides. We drove back to the hotel, and said our goodbyes.

On the whole, I had a awesome time, it is incredible up there. The atomsphere is amazing.

Take care guys,

Kev