Thread: Post-Game Talk: Hawks Win! Hawks Win! Game 7! 4-3 F/OT!
View Single Post
Old
04-25-2011, 01:03 AM
madgoat33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
I don't know about bad "in general." (I was just talking 5-on-3) Our PP was 4th in the NHL this season, and our PP% in the playoffs so far this year has been decent to good. It wasn't good tonight, and in the playoffs a net presence is more important than the regular season, so you probably have something there.
Yea, OVERALL the PP looks fine, but if you look at when they actually score PP goals, its been puzzling. At times when they could REALLY use a goal on the PP(first two games and tonight) It doesn't really show up. And look at the difference in the PP between tonight and games 4 and 5. In games 4 and 5, the pointmen did a better job of creating space and finding the open areas and also didn't hesitate to pull the trigger when a lane opened up. Now, the pointmen look like they're out there for show and all they do is try to work the puck deep for that backdoor play that they telegraph all the way. I thought keith was underwhelming in the offensive zone tonight. He looked great in games 4 and 5 when he was putting the puck on the net, tried to get too cute tonight IMO.