n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
our lineup will probably look like

Prospal-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Wolski-Stepan-MZA
Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust

Ideally, Sather is able to get us a LW who can play with Richards-Gaborik, and both thrive as well as make that line go. Prospal could be that player. Maybe Richards is the type of player Wolski needs to get going? Or maybe there is someone on the market to be had. Hagelin could make a case in camp but unless we open a spot via trade, he may be the odd man out. A season in Hartford could do him a lot of good though. Get him used to the 80 game schedule so he isn't gassed like Stepan seemed to be by seasons end. In any case, I think most of us would like to improve Wolski in the lineup but outside of sending him to Hartford, what real options do we have? Outside of him scoring 20 points in the preseason, I don't see how any teams would take a chance on him with his cap hit. Feds Boyler Prust just seems like a great 4th line to have in this league. The biggest question mark would be 1st line LW (can Prospal or whoever they get do it?) and the 3rd line.

On D

Staal-Girardi
Sauer-McD
Valentenko-Pitkanen

hopefully Staal can make some strides in his offensive and transition games and make one of the leagues top shut down tandems one of the leagues top tandems period. Girardi also has it in him to reach 40 points next season. Upper 30s at least. I think giving MDZ a pressure free season in the A to develop will do him a lot of good. Let him shore up his defense, gain confidence in his offense, and find the right balance between the two. There was a write up on the AHL website about Valentenko recently - he's a shot blocking machine whose game was compared to Volchenkov's. Really hope he can be another rookie anchor. Pitkanen would give up some needed passing and mobility from the back end.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote