Thread: Artem Anisimov
View Single Post
Old
04-25-2011, 06:57 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Not sure what you're saying. He doesn't bull his way as much as he should and can. When he has the puck in the offensive zone along the boards he has a tough time holding onto it. He is always hesitant in a dump and chase forecheck scenario.....trying to shy away from contact.

Arty is a positional hockey player who doesn't like getting his nose dirty. Below average sturdiness along the boards. Maybe the worst on the team. He's still talented enough to be a 50+ point player, but unless he has drastic changes in strength and engagement along the boards then he is going to hurt his club when it matters most.
Anisimov loves to take the puck to the net when he gets a chance...I can't count how many times he's driven to the net and stickhandled directly into the goalie at the last second

his problem is basically that he's a little too light to be as effective along the boards as he should be, his skating is a bit too slow (mainly his first step), and he doesn't have the top notch skills to totally ignore those first two problems.

I think he also has some maturing to do mentally. I feel like I've read comments from coaches or himself that he gets out of his game and not as aggressive as he needs to be sometimes, but maybe I'm making that up. At any rate, he can work on getting stronger and faster

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote