View Single Post
Old
04-25-2011, 07:44 AM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
B+

Anyone expecting more out of this squad is delusional. Anyone that isn't happy with what the kids put out is the same.

While I didn't agree with the coaching decisions Torts and Sully made at time - particularly the use of Gabby on the PP and putting him on what looked like his off-wing constantly, I have to believe they know a lot more than I do about their own players. The fact that they got so much production all throughout the line-up was not only a testament to the drive of the players, but hats off to the coaches for putting them in a position to succeed and exceed expectations.

The sophomore slump collapse of MDZ and the failure of a season by Gaborik were disappointing, but I'm not ready to give up on either. Especially not a 20-year old defenseman.

IMO, It's really only the top six forwards that need a bit of tweaking and while I'm not going to say we'll be a contender quite as soon as next season - if we land Richards and he lives up to expectations, who's to say they can't do damage in the post-season?

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote