View Single Post
Old
04-25-2011, 08:58 AM
zorz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
I couldnīt find a better thread for this:

This lists the number of registered players in 20 Czech sports in January 2010 and January 2011. Hockey is 4th in both, but the change is -6% for the junior hockey players. Thatīs pretty alarming, if they continue this way they might very well find themselves with more golfers than hockey players.

Also, ineteresting are the numbers for cycling- the overall number grew by 121% and the youth numbers by 113%.....

And are the numbers even right? According to FIFAīs Big Count even Slovakia has more than 600.000 football players (only 428.000 registred though) and they list CZE with over a million (and round 686.000 registred).
Maybe IIHF should consider leaving hockey sticks and start playing with golf sticks, it might very well make the game more attractive for kids!

But seriusly, I have no idea about accuracy of those numbers... but it's very interesting. I like cycling, on the other hand I'm worried about such increase of cyclers as car driver

Speaking about hockey. I think it's natural that number of players will decrease compared to the past. -6% is probably too much though.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote