Old
08-11-2005, 09:34 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Game
but you can see that we have better scorers overall
Where do you see this? I'm looking, and I don't see this. Ottawa averages more points per game than Toronto on D. Oh, you must be talking about goals then.

McCabe had 16 goals, Kaberle had 4, Klee had a whopping 4, Berg a massive 2, Khavanov had 2 (in 44 games? who is this guy?)

Redden had 17 goals, Chara had 16, Phillips had 7, de Vries had 3 and Pothier had 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Game
Overall though, the defence for both teams is quite similar, it's not like one team blew the other team out of the water.
I'm pretty sure Ottawa's blows Toronto's out of the water, especially considering Volchenkov is 4th on our depth chart, above de Vries and Pothier, and will likely sign very soon to a 2-year contract.

Chara is quite possibly one of the top 3 most valuable defenceman in the league and was a Norris runner-up, and Redden can play defence unlike Kaberle. Phillips was named to Team Canada for the World Championships.

And just to go to show how much of a bargain our defensive roster is, I guess we'll find out how much it costs next year when both Chara and Redden are up for UFA and the market will decide their worth.

Klee is solid but unspectacular, Berg is a pylon, and even St. Louis fans can't find anything good to say about Khavanov.

Thank god for Belfour