View Single Post
Old
04-25-2011, 11:58 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

vCash: 500
The only game I really questioned Luongo after was Game 5. And really only on the first goal. He needed to stop that one, but sometimes goalies don't save pucks that they should. The team can't afford to completely fold after a goal like that.

I really have no idea who starts in Game 7. I'd like to think Luongo, so long as he isn't hurt. He needs to get past this demon. And if the Canucks can play in front of him the way they played last night, I think they'll win Game 7. If they can play that way it doesn't matter if its Schneider or Luongo in net--I think we can win.

Hopefully Gillis' long chat with Rob Shick yields some results. There were some astounding no-calls against Blackhawk infractions last night. But really, the officiating is a minor side note. The Canucks were the better team in Game 6, and it was the first time all series that the team that was better on the ice lost the game.

The Canucks need that same effort. We need everyone stepping up. Burrows and Bieksa bagged their first goals of the playoffs, now we need guys like Kesler and Raymond to do the same. Support the offense, sacrifice yourself to block shots, throw hits, skate hard, shoot the puck and play like your life depends on it. Your career just may depend on this game.