View Single Post
Old
04-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
I'm still confused about that part. The Flyers managed the teams cap around those bonuses. Which is to say they took JVR's cap hit as 1.7mil and Bobo at 1.75mil etc... and didn't go over during the year, but at the end of the year they added Versteeg.

I have yet to see anything truly compelling to show that we will be carrying over 2mil in deadcap from bonuses.
So next year is the last year of the current CBA (I'm pretty sure about this, but haven't been paying that close attention to it). Because of that, signing bonuses are counted towards the cap (this happened a couple years ago before they extended the CBA).

This year bonuses do not count, just like they didn't count last year (thus how the Hawks ended up way over). We obviously ended the year rather close to the cap NOT including whatever bonus money JVR and Bob earned... whatever cannot be paid for with this year's cap space is going to count next year.

So, if anyone knows the solid number for Bob and JVR, then we will have a good idea of the roll over.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote