Old
04-25-2011, 01:12 PM
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Chara Lidstrom Weber for Norris.
Vishnovsky's league leading 68 points get snubbed? averaged about 1 minute less TOI/G than Weber. +18 despite 31 of his points coming on the PP (or 37 even strength points) vs Weber's +7 w/ 17 of 48 from the PP (31 even strength points). I think that works out to Weber being on the ice for more goals against than Vish. I didn't watch these players much this season and I think they both had great seasons but was Weber's season that much better? I guess +/- and points must not count for much because Lidstrom is a -2 with fewer points then Vishnovsky. Who votes for these things?
Probably a first considering usually the points are what matter most.

Maybe they feel the need to give it to Lids one last time, who knows. Most of the awards are stupid anyway. Only the definitive ones that aren't subject to biased voting I like.

You can't debate who holds the most points in the league every year, or scores the most goals. Those things are subjective too, I mean look at Cheech, from Rocket winner to waiver wire trash. No one debates the fact though he scored 50 goals, even if it may not been totally his own doing. Yet voting for Vezina and Norris takes in to account other variables outside of stats, making them incredibly biased.

Maybe they should just start giving the Vezina to the guy with the most shutouts and wins combined or something. Give the Norris to the D with the most combined hits, blocks, and points.

No voting, after all you would expect the best goalie to lead the league in wins, and especially shutouts, and the best d-man to be physical, give up the body, and create offense.

Makes sense to me.

rip