View Single Post
Old
04-25-2011, 03:22 PM
NYRandazzo

vCash: 500
Here is a thought, maybe a little more of a wish than practical but hear me out.

Tampa Bay needs a goalie and are tight with cap space. Still have to sign Stamkos and Hedman. Smith and Roloson are UFA's and neither are good enough to be a starting goalie. Roloson is 42 so figure he's going to retire. That leaves them with out a starter or back up goalie. The best goalie for them to sign is Bryzgalov. Still only 30 years old. Vokoun is still out there but he's 33 and wants more than or equal to his 5.7 million contract. I don't even think Sather would agree to sign an above average goalie who is 33 at 5.7 million.

Theoretically speaking lets say Bryzgalov gets signed elsewhere and TB isn't interested in any other goalies as a starter for what ever reason. I think we can trade MDZ, Biron, and Grachev for St. Louis, and two other players.Maybe Hedman knowing he's due for a big raise next summer (I'm not familiar with TB depth only their top end guys).

It won't be and equal talent trade but TB has to dump off cap space and we can use a guy like St. Louis. He'll be cheaper than Richards (5.25) and is a 1st line winger. Grachev hasn't impressed me at all in his 8 games up or even with Hartford. 153 games and 66 points. Dump him now before other GM's realize he's not what his potential is. A puck moving defenseman that they wanted in MDZ, and a steal in Biron for 1.25 million a year. Biron is good enough to start on about 15 teams in the NHL or play around 30 games.

We can take advantage of TBs cap dilemma and offer them something they can't refuse. Yes I know we are in our own problem when it comes to cap space but we are not as bad as Tampa.

Thoughts, comments?

NYRandazzo is offline   Reply With Quote