View Single Post
Old
04-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
I wish they could keep Wolski another year for less money. I really think he still has the talent with the right line-mates to make up for his sloth at times.
The right linemates? WW has played with any and everyone on three teams now and failed to find the "right" linemates. It's not his linemates that are the issue here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Has Arrived View Post
True, but they ARE arguably our two most skilled offensive players. I'm not saying they'd be a dominant line or anything, but with the right center (ex. Brad Richards), it could be something to worry about.

Wolski has something we really lack: Goal-scoring ability. Maybe he didn't show it that much since he came here, but similar to Gabby, he needs a solid playmaking center with him.
Wolski doesnt' play well with anybody.

A solid playmaking center? He spend significant time on the wing of both Joe Sakic and Paul Stastny, and never got anything going with either of them. He's just a guy who doesn't understand or want to use his teammates properly. He's played with an array of star guys over the last few years, and he has never developed much with any of them.

He's got all the skill, but nothing else.

Buying him out is hands down the right move and the Rangers deserve credit for having the balls to do it.

Helton4Hall is online now   Reply With Quote