View Single Post
Old
04-25-2011, 05:25 PM
SJGoalie32

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarjak View Post
Wow, you can spot all the old-timers in this thread.

As long as everyone's having fun, what's wrong with a little celebration? These guys aren't in the NHL. They're not professionals. They don't have to be like NHL players and act like completely emotionless robots.
As with many things in life, there is a middle ground.

So, too, in hockey exists a middle ground between being an emotionless robot and THAT.

Fun is encouraged. Fun is good. So, too, are class, decency, grace, and sportsmanship. There are plenty of ways for a person to have fun AND exhibit good sportsmanship doing so. Likewise, there are plenty of ways for a person to exhibit sportsmanship AND have fun while doing so.

Those who are adults should be expected to exhibit such. Those who are children should be expected to exhibit both as well, and where they may be lacking, coaches and parents are expected to teach that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom
Now if its a pickup game then do it, but if its a league with some respect then don't. My buddies and I do all kinds of stuff but we make sure it won't cross the line of the others. If its okay with the other team then I see no problem in it.
Somehow, I doubt they asked the other team beforehand and obtained their opponents' consent. In fact, the OP's response pretty much indicated it was specifically for the purpose of showing up and disrespecting their rival.

SJGoalie32 is offline   Reply With Quote