View Single Post
Old
04-25-2011, 05:25 PM
kovazub94

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersRising View Post
I am delighted & surprised with Torts candidness on Drury and his spot with this team. I guess it shouldn't surprise me considering it is Tortorella, but usually everyone on the team & in management will kind of tip-toe around issues like this regarding a respected veteran. Torts though is saying exactly what needs to be said.
Everyone can read between the lines and that includes Drury. So if you are trying to do what's best for the team, Torts is not helping anyone with his statement.

Torts should keep his mouth shut and let Sather approach Drury (and his agent) and explain that there are only two options: be bought out of his contract or Drury should retire (with full blown honor ceremony etc) and then get a cushy job within organization that would get him his money in a two-three years. That would cost nothing against the salary cap and everyone would be happy.

If Drury is someone who cares about his legacy I don't think it would be difficult for him to make the right choice. On the other hand, Torts public comments could make a guy like Drury "unreasonable" and in the end hurt the Rangers progress.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote