View Single Post
Old
04-25-2011, 07:09 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
who cares if Staple says he is likely to be bought out..........he doesnt make the call. I agree its dumb to buy out talent.

he is going to stay. Thats my opinion and him going is Staples. Other beat writers do not say its a for sure thing at all
I agree with Vitto.

Staple like most of the beat writers (besides Brooks) refuse to say anything about Drury being bought out and by saying Wolski will be the one to go they can still discuss the possibility of getting Richards, because unless someone with a salary goes there is no way we can get him.

Sather has made plenty of mistakes, plenty of them, but in the last few years he has done a decent job of cleaning them up.

Gomez traded for McDonagh, Higgins, and V-Tank (ridding us of an awful contract)
Kotalik traded for Prust essentially
Brash and Rismiller traded to the Thrashers to get Brash off the books
Redden sent to the minors (a move many people said Sather would never do, well he did it)

The next move is to buyout Drury, there is no purpose in having a 7 million dollar 4th line center who can only take faceoffs and kill penalties. Is there a chance Wolski and Drury both get bought out to get Richards and maybe another UFA player to play with Richards and Gabby and a puck moving d-man? Sure that's very possible, but Wolski has talent, is young and I hate the fact that when Torts doesn't like a skilled young forward they are just disregarded. Sure Zherdev was a dog here but we could have used his offense this year, now Wolski gets the hook after less than a season? I like Vitto think Staple is saying Wolski is gone so he can discuss the possibility of getting Richards otherwise how else do we fit him? I also think Staple is wrong on Prospal as he was not 100% and was probably our best offensive player down the stretch on a nightly basis.

The only way i see Wolski being bought out is if Sather plans to add another top line winger and defenseman. Here are moves I can SEE sather making, not saying I would, but moves I can see him doing. Signing Richards, Gagne, and Pitkanen, buying out Drury and Wolski, bringing back Fedotenko, Eminger, Sauer, Dubi, Cally, Boyle, and Artie, and demoting EC, Redden, and Boogie.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Simon Gagne ($3.000m) / Brad Richards ($7.000m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($3.900m) / Artem Anisimov ($1.850m) / Ryan Callahan ($3.900m)
Carl Hagelin ($0.662m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Sean Avery ($1.937m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.400m) / Brian Boyle ($1.850m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Michael Sauer ($1.500m)
Steve Eminger ($1.000m) / Joni Pitkanen ($4.400m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) / Martin Biron ($0.875m)

BUYOUT
Wojtek Wolski ($.467m)
Chris Drury ($3.716m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,108,334; BONUSES: $425,000

Last edited by Janerixon: 04-25-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote