View Single Post
Old
04-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Miller Time NYR

vCash: 500
2010-2011 Best Rookie Season

I was thinking about it today and I had a really hard time making up my mind. All three of these guys were key parts of this teams success this year.

Derek Stepan- bursted onto the scene with a NHL debut hatrick, his offensive output didn't stay at it's original 3gpg pace but he chipped in key goals and assists throughout the season and has showed a lot of promise. His face-offs will improve with time and age and his offensive smarts will flourish with maturation and experience. Finished the season with 82gp 21g 24a 45pts +8

Ryan McDonagh- earning his way onto this team halfway through the season and played solid the whole way through, mcdonagh played a solid two way game not chipping in a whole lot offensively but showing he can and hopefully will in the future. mcdonagh played both sound and physical defense. Finished the season with 40gp 1g 8a 9pts +16

Michael Sauer- got a well deserved spot out of camp and didnt let the organization down for it. Personally when i think of him all that comes to mind is ROCK SOLID, sauer played great defense all year. played defensivly sound and threw his big body around a fair share without putting himself out of position, and lets not forget his occasional spirited fight to stick up for his teamates, he played a pretty safe game all year but thats expected from a rookie defenseman like sauer. Finished with 76gp 3g 12a 15pts +20

disregard my above ramblings if necessary but who takes the cake Stepan, Mcdonagh, or Sauer?

** NOTE this is intended to be about who had the better rookie campaign not who will have the better nhl career**

Last edited by Miller Time NYR: 04-25-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote