Thread: Proposal: Trade Gaborik.
View Single Post
Old
04-25-2011, 10:03 PM
gravytrain6t

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
I'm done with this guy as a Ranger. I know a good amount of posters may disagree. I had been pretty supportive of him all season. I understand he hurt his shoulder which may have had some effect. But its time for him to go before its too late.

His injury history is deeply concerning. You have to get rid of him when you can get value for him. Now is the right time because everyone thinks he just had a down year. Was it a down year or is his body so broken down that we may never see the superbly talented player we had last year? He floated around the ice all season. If that was due to injury, this is just bad. If he can not play hard now, what is he gonna be like in 2 years?

We have an injury prone, big contract player, who floats around, doesnt fit the system we play, didnt show up in the playoffs or down the stretch, who in all likelihood will only break down even more as time goes by.

It would be a good decision to at least see what you can get for him this summer. If we can get a fair offer for him, Id say pull the trigger. What would it take for you guys to trade him?
Just give it the summer. With mounds of Super hard paper glue, Sather will find a way to get his 7.5 million dollar ball of paper mache rolling by October.
Keenan would have wanted him gone faster than you can say Mike Gartner and/or Tony Amonte.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote