View Single Post
Old
04-25-2011, 10:34 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusT View Post
hah the first part was actually in reference to the infamous "It's getting hard to watch Anisimov" thread which came up around the deadline where the most of the anti-AA arguments were based almost entirely off the lazy Russian stereotype. My bad if it looked like a direct attack at you haha, but you can't deny how many people's judgements on this site are clouded simply by the passport a player carries.

But I too am a huge fan of Russian hockey since I'm originally from Moscow actually.
You can't believe how happy I was the year when Kovy, OV and Dats were all three Hart nominees, or even earlier in history, when the Russian five was tearing it up.
So naturally AA is one of my favorite Rangers. Honestly with the # of Russians in the NHL going down because of the KHL (which I ****ing HATE btw) and the reluctancy of teams to draft young Russian talent, AA might be our last Russian player for a while if Grachev/VTank don't make the team.
btw I too was so pissed when we traded Toots! and I'd probably feel the same way if AA was traded, since I bought his jersey(after his OT winner against Buffalo) expecting him to be on the team for atleast a couple more years!!!!!

But I agree with the fact that he dissapointed a bit in the post season and seemed lost at times. Though honestly, so did the large majority of our team at times.
I'd give him another chance next year when HOPEFULLY we come into the playoffs as a 4 or 5 seed and the team will be gearing up for a longer run (atleast I hope! ).
I'm pretty pissed off too about the Russian transfer and the lack of Russians coming into the league. However, at the same time I'm almost certain that if any super stars come along the way they are going to want to play in the best league in the world.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote