04-26-2011, 01:58 AM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
So one bad series and we should trade him? So was everyone calling for a trade of Quick last year? Should we trade Penner now? And Brown? Yeah he had one bad series but IMO he's such a valuable guy to have. Plays 3rd pair, isn't normally a liability whatsoever, strong and will clear the crease, plays the PK, stands up for teammates, and is a leader. I see absolutely zero reason to trade him.
He played poorly in last year's playoffs as well. At this point it is all about what these guys can do in playoff time. His good attributes get him carried away during these high-pressure games and he doesn't play well. I don't hate him or anything like that, in fact I like him quite a bit. I am shocked he played like this in the PO's again.

Defensemen like Greene can pull in a good player for us. Considering the UFA market is quite bare, probably better than we could get through that avenue. Perhaps we can even get a defenseman with similar attributes in another trade, or just go into the playoffs and season with something different. I wonder, should this happen, what kind of contract it would take to bring in a defenseman like Scott Hannan. Probably not much more than what Greene makes but we'd get a better player out of that swap.

You would also think next season that Hickey needs to come up, or it's time to move that asset along. I actually believe after next season he isn't waiver exempt anymore.