View Single Post
Old
04-26-2011, 07:21 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I absolutely love Moen on the Habs team.........as long as he plays on the 3rd or 4th (preferably 4th) line and gets around 11 minutes of TOI.

For the life of me (and this fuels my disgust at having Martin as our head coach), I do not know why JM thinks that Moen should play on the Gomez line.

You know it, I know it, 90% of Montreal knows it............Moen is not a top 6 (or even top 9) forward..............but Martin plays him there anyway.

Incredibly dumb on Martin's part, especially since Darche has been doing well on that line and even made Gomez look good.
You don't think that it's to create space for them in a tight checking playoff game? Moen goes in the dirty areas and frees up Gio and Gomez to handle the puck plus he handles more of the defensive side.

Using your logic, all NHL coaches are dumb because you see those types of guys playing on top lines at times throughout the league. Plus, it's only about 20-25% of the time when he wants to shake things up or when we have injuries(Pacioretty). Just because a coach doesn't buy in to your views it doesn't make them dumb.