Old
04-26-2011, 12:10 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
How am I contradicting myself?

If we have guys in our system who can reasonably replace either Anisimov of Boyle, and have more upside potential, why would we not consider trading them if the return was decent?

If we could use either one of them to somehow move up in the draft or obtain a high-upside prospect that maybe needs a change of scenery as part of package for them, it would be foolish not to do so.

What we lack in this organization is high-end talent. It only makes sense to trade away some of our depth for it.
You don't start ripping apart heart and soul guys that constantly work hard day in and day out that make up the core of this roster, you add to them.

Although not a UFA move expendable players, acquire UFAs, or take advantage of a team in fiscal trouble as the Rangers did when they acquired Mark Messier and you can add the fire power you need.

Dallas is going through a bankruptcy right now and it's superstar is hitting UFA status...time to strike!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Boyle won't get 2 mil. He's coming off making 525k. He had 21 goals, but only 35 points, and was much less productive over the 2nd half. I could see him getting a 2 year deal @ 1 mil per year, maybe 1.25 mil per year at most.

Sauer is a bit trickier. Given that he only has 1 year of NHL experience and he was only making 500k this year, I'm not sure if he'll get 1.5 mil, even though he is arbitration eligible. But he did end up playing a top 4 role. I would say he gets a 2 year deal with 1.5 per year being the max.
Banged up the 2nd half and he still plays a ton of the important minutes. Hockey isn't about the offensive game. If you're paying Sauer 1.5m for 1 years worth of solid defensive play then you're sure as hell going to pay Boyle more than 1.25m, especially at his age. 1.25 is Gilroy money and that's insulting to Boyle. Try at least double that 2.5 - 2.75 for the guy who the coach uses to start every game and plays in the last minutes of every game, 6'7", 250lbs, 20 goal scorer, center.....definitely worth a lot more than 1.25m.

Last edited by vipernsx: 04-26-2011 at 12:19 PM.
vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote