Old
04-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Tikkanen,

A few points, a PP carrying over to the next period, absolutely sucks balls!, fresh sheet of ice, yes, but it takes 30sec to a minute just to get back into the flow it, I've always hated the late PPs that split into two periods.

Second, offensive restrictions, there are not offensive restrictions, Murray isn't telling the forwards not to drive the net, not to shoot, not to pass, etc, he is telling them to be defensively aware at all times, that's a huge difference.

The F3 forward is positioned in the high slot for a reason, A) if he gets open, it's prime scoring position, and B) if there's a giveaway, he is in prime defensive position, it's a sound strategy that pays off in the long run.

The PP absolutely needs to be revamped, I like the way it is now, ie, getting shots through from the points and digging, but when it becomes obvious that is covered, they absolutely HAVE to be able to switch it to a down low cycle, where they can attack the net from the corner..
Agree with what you wrote and well written. But, did I read that right? "They absolutely HAVE to be able to switch it to a down low cycle..." Cycle? I thought there was no such thing as a cycle on the PP? I am ****ing with you, don't take it too seriously.

The end result was all but predestined when we didn't score on the 5 minute major, which ironically didn't even think should have been a major.

You could write a script to these things in hockey.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote