View Single Post
Old
04-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
1. Gaborik for Brian Campbell (This re-unites Hossa and Gaborik who played great together on the Slovakia national team, while the Hawks get out from underneath Campbell's huge and long contract. They pay .4 million more to get a few years off the contract. I honestly see this as a good trade for both teams. Campbell's not as flashy as he was in Buffalo that year, but he's one of the best puck-movers and can QB a powerplay with the best of them)

2. Buy out Chris Drury (if he doesn't decide to retire due to injuries, which he may if he can't get his body into top shape by training camp. He says he's not worried about a contract year, but if he doesn't get healthy, he may change his tune. This would be a huge help for the Rangers moving forward)

3. Buy out Wojtek Wolski. He fits into that specific category where it will only count as 1/3 of his hit against the cap, I believe.

4. Sign Brad Richards (I'd go as high as 7.5 million for 6 years)

Dubinsky Richards Callahan
Grachev/Thomas Stepan Kreider
Fedotenko Anisimov Zuccarello
Avery Boyle Prust
Christensen

Staal Campbell
McDonagh Girardi
Del Zotto Sauer

Lundqvist
Biron

My hope is that we can roll the three defensive pairs quite evenly at even strength throughout the season to keep Staal and Girardi more fresh come playoff time. It's quite a job to play almost 30 minutes every night for 82 games and then play 30 minutes every night with physicality amped up in the playoffs. Yes, we saw absolute warriors in Staal and Girardi CONTAIN Ovechkin, but they're capable of even more, especially Staal. He wasn't knocking Ovy on his ass like he's done in the past. He's capable of really controlling a series, defensively, if he's at 100% and fresh both mentally and physically.

I'd also play Biron a lot in the first half, and let Lundqvist get into the mentality of playing almost every game down the stretch, even if we're secured in a playoff spot, because he benefits from it, as does the team.
Part of getting Richards to come here is having a better situation and team than he is leaving. Sure we have money but we need some top talent for him to play with. Trading gaborik and playing him between two 2nd line wingers with our big addition being Brian Campbell who is not nearly as good offensively these days isn't going to blow him away. Sather is going to buy out drury and probably wolski if he intends to upgrade by adding a gagne, jokinen, or Cole and adding a puck moving d-man like pitkanen or someone along those lines. Sather was very calculated this past summer minus boogard and I expect him to add Richards with some top tier talent as this team is lacking. Trading gaborik while his value is at an all time low is a move I don't see sather making, the promise of playing gaborik with Richards has to be intriguing to Richards.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote