View Single Post
Old
04-26-2011, 11:52 AM
kovazub94

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Hockey isn't ONLY about the offensive game, but that still matters quite a bit. I said 1.5 would be the max that Sauer gets. I'm not sure he'll get that much.

Boyle had 6 points in 71 games last year. 6. He's also 26 years old. He had a breakout year, finally, but his numbers still weren't that great. And it's insulting that he should make more than twice what he made this year?

Christensen put up 26 points in 49 games with the Rangers last year. He was the same age that Boyle is now, 26. That earned him a 2 year deal @ 925k per year. Prust put up 9 points in 26 games, also at the age of 26, and earned a 2 year deal @ 800k per.

Torts is already on record as saying that he thought Boyle would be in Hartford this year, and that Boyle surprised him by making the team. So Boyle's only a year removed from potentially being a complete washout in the NHL. One season where he scored 21 goals and 35 points isn't enough for any GM to give him 2.5 -2.75 mil per year. You're crazy if you think so.

Like I said, he will get a 2 year deal between 1 and 1.25 mil. Count on it.
I disagree on Boyle. Is he arbitration eligible? I think his play this year earned him an extra year and if he can go to arbitration - him 20+ goals this season is going to make him at least close to $1.75m (1.5 - 2 m) player.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote