View Single Post
Old
04-26-2011, 11:59 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
I just wanted to talk about PK TOI and how I disagree with anyone using at against Visnovsky.

Norris is for "defense player who demonstrates throughout the season the greatest all-round ability in the position." This does NOT mean best defensively, although defensive ability should be taken into account.

Even though defensive ability should be taken into account, Lubo is decent defensively. Otherwise he would not be playing the minutes he does and against the other team's top lines (even though that has more to do with Lydman than Visnovsky, Lubo is still not deficient or they would split that pairing up). PK TOI does not reflect that.

But the biggest reason why PK TOI should not count is that I think TOTAL TOI is more important. All-around ability means contributing to the entire game. Visnovsky averages 45 seconds more per game than Lidstrom total. Thus he contributes more to the team than Lidstrom does.

And besides, it's clear from Selke voting that PK TOI is not seen as a reflection of defensive ability, or Datsyuk would not have any Selkes (ZOMG 44 seconds PK time in 2010!)

edit: Oh, and Weber gets all the recognition, but I still think it's Suter that stirs that drink.

Last edited by snarktacular: 04-26-2011 at 12:04 PM.
snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote