View Single Post
Old
04-26-2011, 01:52 PM
timbitca

vCash: 500
Yes, let's have a bag skate the day of the biggest game of the year and the day after a 2-OT game, great plan. Sounds like a sure fire way to have the Bruins cruise to an easy victory. All the players you listed weren't 'staying home' like you said, I'm willing to bet they had a team meeting in the morning, some decided to lace them up, some probably did stationary bike/treadmill for a while and others probably juste milled around the lounge area chit chatting for a while before heading back home for a nap/pregame meal.

And I'm willing to bet that of those who did skate this morning only Auld and those who aren't playing tonight broke anything of a sweat. Gameday skates are always optional and usually consist of guys shooting pucks around and playing shooting games with each other and whatnot.

If I've learned one thing in 20+ years of hockey it's that hockey players are a damned supersitious bunch (this includes myself) and you do not upset their game day routine. Heck, I haven't played for close to 10 years and I still have a game day routine starting at wake up and going right up to game time when the team I work for plays, and it drives me absolutely nuts when it goes wrong.

Last edited by timbitca: 04-26-2011 at 01:58 PM.
timbitca is offline   Reply With Quote