View Single Post
Old
04-26-2011, 02:53 PM
allstar3970

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
It's not what Drury didn't do, it's what the organization didn't do. They've failed for a couple of years now to place him in position to provide any sort of offense. So they shouldn't be expecting clutch goals from him.
I think it would have been worth a shot to give him some more PP time in front of the net the last couple of seasons, but I think his injuries and obvious skill decline (could be argued that this was mostly caused by his injuries) really derailed any chance he had of that. I remember in camp this year hearing he was in pretty good shape and skating well, I wonder if he didn't break his hand in preseason and stayed fairly healthy otherwise what his stats would've looked like.

I mean a lot of people were rough on him his first 2 years, but he put up typical Drury seasons. If the team was better offensively (and had a better powerplay) he would have been in the 30 goal, 60-65 point range. Still, a quick Hockey-reference.com query shows him 22nd in the league in powerplay goals his first 2 years ahead of people like:

Datsyuk
Perry
D. Sedin
Jeff Carter
Vinny L.
Kane
Elias
Hossa
Marleau
Alfredsson
St. Louis
Nash

In the end though, I just can't see any place for him on this team next year, praying for the retirement, banking on the buyout.

PP Goal data below if anybody is interested
http://www.hockey-reference.com/play...er_by=goals_pp

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote